Friday, October 29, 2010

.014 October

First I'd like to apologize for the 2 month gap! September and October are normally the busiest months of the year for me since I take school pictures. A lot of waking up early, driving several hours, and working 13+ hour days doesn't leave much room for blogging, but I have taken pictures!


I took this one day after work. My brother had a fire going in the burning barrel in the backyard, and it was just perfect fall weather.


This is my fill light for my setup when I took pictures at a Rhode Island high school. It was the creepiest environment ever, the back corner of a stage. I thought it was pretty funny, though!


This was in a pizza shop I was getting lunch in when I took pictures in North Adams, MA. I thought the poster was really interesting. A little story for you about that North Adams school, we were set up in the hallway and my set up was next to a door, so I had it propped open to let a breeze in since it was warm in the building. Next thing I know, a DOG runs right in the door, hopes over all of our set ups, and takes off down the hall. So there I was, behind my camera with a line of 200+ high school freshmen and I just let an animal into the school. I decided to go after the dog and shoosh it out the door. It was young yellow lab. One of my favorite stories from that job, haha!


I have to say, though, I like this poster a lot better than the last one! I found it on the stage at a school in Westfield, MA. There was nothing around it that could be destroyed, really, so I'm wondering what it's original purpose was, or if the kids were geniunly worried that I was going to destroy their stage!

That's all for now, I'll try to be more diligent as the season slows down! Take care, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post. I love the background for the pictures of the students, and the dog story is so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you! Some crazy things have happened to me at work, just like any other job, but that dog story really is a favorite!

    ReplyDelete